Friday, December 31, 2010

A Challenge for Myself

In order to change the way I feel about gift-giving, I've challenged myself to make all of the gifts I give for 2011.  Last year, I made some of the gifts I gave away and I felt better about giving those compared to the gifts I purchased.  It's more satisfying to have people, especially little ones, like the gift you designed and made for them than to LOVE (for the next 5 minutes) the pink plastic toy you bought without putting much thought into it. 



Right now I'm brainstorming ideas for the first birthday of the year, coming up in 2 weeks time.  Any ideas for a crafted gift to give a horse mad, turning 12 year old girl who loves green & purple?  I had an idea of something to crochet up but I'm wondering if it's too "granny".

2 comments:

  1. This is the best new year's resolution I've seen! And if you plan ahead you can get all the gifts done in time.
    My presents are usually a mix of bought and hand made items with the scales leaning sligtly toward the hand made side. Luckily my boyfriend also does DIY so if I'm ever pressed for time I raid his stash ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot! I've been doing the gifts as I go with 1-2 weeks think ahead/crafting time. you are lucky to have a partner you can raid - my hubby is more of a petrol head DIYer so not much for me to steal from him :)

    ReplyDelete