Friday, October 21, 2011

More September Roundup

I'm a bad blogger.  Bad, bad blogger.  I still have projects left over from September to post!  Eek!  Here we go...

 First we have the rude word plate I painted for my husband for father's day.  I took one of our vintage Crown Lynn Fiesta ware saucers and made up my own font and wrote a word he's been wanting on a plate for a while.  It is hung beside the very cool Super Fly plate made by OddOneOut and a random religious plate purchased with a bulk lot of items from Trademe.

 Next is the Flopsy Bunny hat for my niece, Sarah.  She's quite a personality and I think she kinda loved the funny floppy ears.  Modelled here by Lily who stuck out her rabbit teefs for the photo.

This Granny Strap D-Ring belt was made for another niece, Emma.  It was very helpful to get her waist measurement before starting so I could be sure it  wasn't complete guess work to get it right.  Finished in the nick of time while driving over to present the presents!  Whew :)

 
This bodum cover is actually still with me.  You see, Sarah and Emma's mum wanted a tea cozy for her birthday.  I started making one which said suitable for a 2-4cup teapot.  The bodum cover is made from 1/2 of one side of the tea cozy.  I'm not sure where I went wrong, but boy did I go wrong!  (Unless they meant it was to fit a 2-4 litre tea pot.)  This is for sale now at Oh, For Craft's Sake! online market for the bargain price of $20.  I will be hooking up another pattern for another tea cozy soon...

And one last super-sweet thing to share today.  This necklace was made by Lily and I together for a little friend's third birthday party.  Lily chose all the beads and I helped to string them onto some elastic cord.  After her mum explained what it was little Monique put the necklace on and didn't take it off all day!  Everyone who came commented on it and Lily was so proud :)

No comments:

Post a Comment