Saturday, April 2, 2011

Baby Hat and Booties

My good friend Bianca is expecting her second baby within the next month.  She already has a little boy and the new baby is going to be a little girl.  It's always fun making teeny little things so I went ahead and crocheted a hat and slippers for the baby to be.

I started out with soft wool in a strong pink colour and began crocheting a pattern that I'd found online.  Unfortunately that pattern was working out way too small, even for a newborn, so I went ahead and free-styled it into something that I thought was a more realistic size.  The design is a very simple shell pattern which gives loads of texture.  For added interest, I made a contrasting stripe in charcoal grey.  The booties were entirely my own design, based on the hat.  They are grey with a grey and pink shell pattern on the top to match the hat.  No real pictures, just this one from my cell phone.



I hope they fit little Mila when she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment